2 green onions diced
100g uncooked boneless chicken fillets
3 tsp of cornflour
1 chicken stock cube
200g of sweet corn kernels
salt and pepper to taste
oil for cooking onions
chopped spring onion to garnish
1. Heat a pan over a medium heat add a tablespoon of oil, add in the diced onions. Cook until they are tender about 7 minutes, set aside.
2. Make up the stock by adding boiling water and the stock cube to a jug, stir until melted. Add the stock to a pot, add the softened onions return to a medium heat and cook for 3 minutes. Add in the chicken fillets and poach them in the stock and onions for about 8 minutes till the chicken is fully cooked. Remove the chicken fillets from the pot and allow to cool.
3. Shred the chicken and add it back in to a pot, also add the sweetcorn. Turn on the heat and cook for a further 8 minutes.
4. Blend the cornflour with 2 tablespoons of water to make a creamy paste, ensure it is completely smooth. Add it to your soup stirring continuously and cook for a further 4 minutes.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with chopped spring onion.