METHOD FOR SAUCE
1. Heat a pan, add the oil and add your chopped shallots cook for 5 minutes until soft but not brown.
2. Add in the chopped garlic, prawn shells stirring it in, cook for 1 minute making sure it does not burn
3. Add in your chopped tomatoes, tomatoes puree, bay leaves, star anise, fish stock, sugar, brandy and prawns, simmer gently for 30 minutes
4. Remove from the heat and strain the sauce with a sieve, return the sauce back to the pan.
5. Add in your cream and heat the sauce make sure not to boil. Serve with fish or pasta.
METHOD FOR THE PRAWNS
1. Remove the shells and heads from your prawns. Devein your prawns. Fill a saucepan with 2 lires of water add salt and bring to the boil. When boiled add in the shelled and deveined prawns. Cook for 3 minutes on a gentle heat.
2. Drain the water from your prawns and add them to your heated bisque sauce and serve in bowls.
This dish is great served with crusty bread to mop up all that delicious sauce.