1. Preheat oven to 200C. Peel and chop your butternut squash into a large dice and dispose of the seeds. Place your chopped butternut squash in large baking tin. Coat in vegetable or coconut oil ensuring all covered evenly. Drain one can of chickpeas and rinse them in a. Colander. Place them on a baking sheet and coat in a little oil. You can cook them at the same time time as your butternut squash. Cook the chick peas for 15 minutes and then take them out to col. Cook the butternut squash for a further 5 minutes until its slightly caramelised.
2. Put all your spices on a dry pan and cook for 1 minute ensuring they don't burn.
3. Slice your onions. Heat a tablespoon of oil on a pan add in your onions on a low heat. Add in your sugar and garlic and cook them until they are caramelised but take care not to burn them. Remove them from the heat.
4. Put your tin of coconut milk, passata and all of your spices in a saucepan and cook gently to infuse flavours for 10 minutes. Add in your cooked onions and garlic and blitz with a hand blender until smooth. Add in your yoghurt and stir.
5. Drain and rinse your second tin of chickpeas and add to the pot of sauce. Add in your roasted butternut squash, roasted chickpeas and cook on a low heat for 5 minutes. It is important not to boil as the yoghurt will curdle. Serve with rice.